Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fiber Art Quilt Wallhangings and ACEO by Quiltworks






Red Poppy
Yoda with his portrait
M'lady, The Pug







My specialty is selling my own artwork. When I discovered Ebay over 6 years ago, I realized it was a wonderful opportunity
to share my artwork with other people. Art quilts allow me to combine two of my life long passions - sewing and painting, which I have been doing since I was 5 years old. I have participated in exhibitions both as a painter as well as a traditional quilter. Recently, I celebrated the making of my 500'th art quilt.


Each quilt is "one-of-a-kind" art quilt that is signed and dated by me and
unique, never to be repeated again. Each quilt is started with a hand-drawn picture, and then the picture is used as my template to select the fabric so the colors are just right. The fabric is my color palette, creating just the right color and mood for each little piece of the quilt.
Then the fabric pieces are cut, placed, appliqued, and quilted. Lots of details to bring these creations to life!
The pictures do not show all the subtleties of the color and texture in the quilts! It is a constant source of frustration for me; on the other hand it is great to get emails that tell me "it was even prettier in person"!



I also make custom art quilts, where the design is based on your request, idea, or photo and then listed specifically for you as the only pre-approved bidder.